Space Generators is a Charity that utilises vacant property to create community hubs for affiliated groups and new local community enterprises.
- To create pop-up community / environmental spaces
- To recycle empty buildings and resources
- To run buildings in an environmentally sustainable way
- To provide an affordable low cost space to the local community
- To encourage and support the growth of startup eco enterprise
- Helping ethical and sustainable business grow with advise on ethical / sustainable suppliers and services.
- Creating self employment opportunities
- To promote arts , culture and music and community resilience
Space Generators is a registered charity, attracting a mandatory 80% saving on business rates. In some circumstance we can negotiate a discretionary 100% business rates relief with the local authority through providing community use of space.
Our pioneering team have enabled and empowered many community groups over the last three decades. Landlords, councils and community groups are connected for the innovative use of space.
Vacant properties are a valuable resource. In conjunction with the Mayor of Londons Environmental Strategy, our ethos is to reuse wasted resources where possible.
This not only includes using empty buildings but, waste food, furniture, computers and any other useful resources. Building the infrastructure for a circular economy.
Moving beyond highly criticised live-in schemes, expensive security guards, non secure/unsightly boarding, our 24-hour caretakers’ team provides security and building maintenance.